Joule is a leading manufacturer and distributor of heating, ventilation, hot water and renewable energy solutions, operating in the Irish, UK and European markets. In our state of the art facility in Dublin we manufacture a wide range of products using innovative designs and utilizing the most up to date production methods.
As a company we constantly strive to innovate and create. It is through strong teamwork that we continue to achieve success and deliver high quality solutions to our customers, in the ever expanding field of renewable energy and sustainability.
We are seeking a Quality Control Engineer to join our Quality Assurance Department in Joule, based in Dublin. If you are an Engineering graduate with work experience in the manufacturing and production Quality Control field, we would love to hear from you.
The role of our Quality Control Engineer is to ensure continuous review of manufactured product and product components from discovery stage, recording and analysis, right through to follow up on corrective actions and completion and creation or revision of quality management documentation. The role will also be part of determining areas of improvement for sustainability metrics in the production and supply chain processes (such as energy use and material waste/recycling).
The Quality Control Engineer will report to Joule’s Quality Assurance Manager and will work in close co-operation with other arms of the business such as Production, Service, R&D and Supply Chain.
- Continuous review of manufactured product and product components:
- Daily/weekly review of returned product/components.
- Ensuring return review and handling are carried out following a prioritised list.
- Record return cases, analyse root causes, and determine suitable actions:
- Ensure returns are classified and handled according to review: Eg. Good Stock, Rework, For Test/Supplier Claim, Scrap.
- Determine and assign corrections for immediate handling.
- Review and maintain Quality Control process documents for Joule Quality Management System (QMS).
- Participate in Continuous Improvement (CIP) and Supplier Management meetings to provide input and recommendations from Quality Control.
- Sample supplier product quality and conduct internal/external quality audits.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Mechanical / Engineering Diploma or Degree in Quality or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working as in a Quality related role in Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance.
- Experience of practical application of Quality Assurance methodologies with a hands-on approach to solving quality issues.
- Ability to conduct and write analytical reports based on data, quality observations and root cause methodology.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft suite of business software; Word, Excel and SharePoint.
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Microsoft Dynamics (Navision), SAP or similar.
- Experience in Quality Systems methodology (LEAN, Six Sigma) and standards (such as ISO 9001).
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- A team player, who can work independently when needed, to reach specific objectives.
- Strong planning & organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confidence to work with and present to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.